What to wear?
When it comes to your senior portraits, there is a lot of wiggle room regarding wardrobe. Take this opportunity to dress a little extra glam or funky, all while capturing who you are. There a are however, a few DO's and DONT'S to remember…
- wear bright, solid colors
- wear layers. They look great on camera, and offer a lot of different looks easily.
- accessorize, including: hair, bracelets, necklaces, etc.
- wear large, bright patterns if you choose to wear a pattern at all
- bring clothes on hangers that are ironed and ready to go. Crumpled, wrinkled clothes look bad in person and on camera.
- wear small, busy patters
- wear white shirts, but white pants are fine
- wear the wrong undergarments. A black bra does not look good under a white top, and vice versa.
- wear skirts that are too short when you sit
- wear jeans that ride too low when you sit
- bring your entourage. :-) This is your moment, and everyone will get the chance to admire your photos in a few weeks.
B.E. Seniors has a long list of places that we LOVE to shoot because the images look great! Some of these are: Downtown St. Louis, Main Street St. Charles, Indian Camp Creek Park, Defiance, Augusta, New Town, and many more!! If you have a place that is special to you, we can definitely make accommodations so that you get the shot you want! Be creative, and let us know where you'd love to go!
Best time to shoot?
The best times to start shooting is shortly after dawn, and two hours before sunset. If you have to shoot during the day, we have to choose a location that has coverage, such as buildings and trees. We HIGHLY suggest avoiding these times slots, as they do not offer the best light for your shoot.
How long does it last?
The length of time really depends on the size of the package that you choose. The average shoot lasts between 2-3 hours. Even if you purchase the smallest package, please always plan to be here for a minimum of 2 hours.
We can shoot during an overcast day without a problem. If there is over a 40% chance of rain or higher, or it is a terribly dark, overcast day, we will reschedule at no cost to you. We want to make sure you always get the best photos possible, and great weather is a part of that.
The sitting fee, which is paid in full at the time of booking, is non-refundable. We can reschedule a shoot with a 24-hour notice, but once a shoot is cancelled, you will have to work around the priority of other seniors who have already booked.
Does it include prints?
No, the sitting fee is a completely separate charge from your order fee. The sitting fee pays for the photographer, time and travel. Your cost for prints will depend on the package chosen during your purchase session at the studios.